Friday, January 04, 2008

It's official. I've knit the world's ugliest hat. It's cold outside, so I'm wearing it anyway!

I met the new members of my critique group last night. Two guys. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic works in this group. The last group was all women. Except that we learned later that one of the members was transgendered. The interesting thing was that the transgendered person's critiques were generally different from everyone else's. More analytical. This person looked at very specific details, whereas the rest of us were more big picture oriented. Was this a "male brain" vs. "female brain" split, or just the general disposition of the individuals involved? To complicate matters, the transgendered individual has gone back to identifying as a man, but hasn't been active in the critique group since the change. Well, I guess that doesn't really complicate anything, but it does make it harder to draw conclusions about the root of the differences. The sample is too small to really draw conclusions anyway, but I do remember thinking "well that explains everything" when I was told.

I'm now working on The Family Baby Sweater for a friend's new baby. It seems to be coming along OK. It's not really obviously a sweater yet, but it doesn't NOT look like a sweater either, if that makes sense. Which it probably doesn't.

I think it's time to take my sleeping pill and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!