Friday, January 08, 2010

Baby it's cold outside!

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's been a little chilly lately. According to the last weather report I saw, this is the coldest we've been in Houston in 14 years. Brrr! I'm currently wearing hand knit socks, flannel pants, a long sleeved t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and the comforter off my bed. And my toes are still cold. In a little bit I'm going to get up off my nice warm spot on the couch and get out the down comforter to put on the bed. I'm also going to get out a spare set of flannel sheets and hang them over the bedroom windows to block drafts. I tried the other day to get the window seal stuff that you put on with a hair dryer, but couldn't find it anywhere.

One good thing about nasty weather, it encourages you to stay inside where it's warm. I'm still working my way through my Doctor Who/Torchwood marathon, plus I have new copies of the latest Harry Potter movie, Veronica Mars season one, and Glee that I haven't watched yet. So plenty of stuff to keep my butt glued to the couch. I have a half dozen library books to read. I have ham and potatoes au gratin in the crockpot, and fixin's for tortilla soup and brownies. I have a new, secret knitting project that I started last night and will probably be working on through the early part of next week. I have hot cocoa mix and a cat to sit on my feet. So really, what more could one person ask for?

But it's still too cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!