Thursday, January 21, 2010

From Cheer to Drear

The time has finally come. I'm taking down the Christmas decorations. The ornaments came off the tree a couple of days ago. (All but the one little candy cane ornament that I somehow missed, and spotted as I was lying on the couch last night.) The lights are still on the tree, but they'll probably come off tomorrow or the day after. Just now I took down all the Christmas cards. It's all very sad.

It's always fun and exciting to put up decorations, but after a while you just stop seeing them. And then when they come down everything looks so blah. I'm thinking that I might start putting up decorations for all the little holidays. Nothing super major- just some garland and a few window clings or something. I sit around looking at these four walls 24/7. I think it's reasonable to do something to perk the place up a bit. And $10 every month or so is a small enough amount to pay.

Right now it's Mardi Gras time, I guess. Or I could go for Valentine's Day. After that would be St. Patrick's Day and Easter, and then I guess it's into the patriotic summer holidays of Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. I need to come up with some other stuff to put up between those holidays though, because I'm not decking the apartment out in red, white, and blue for four months straight. Can anyone think of any more obscure summer holidays I should celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!