Monday, October 01, 2007

Big accomplishment for the day: I finished my first adult-sized hat! It's not my first hat. I finished that one last week. Unfortunately, due to poor swatching and a general unwillingness to follow pattern instructions, it came out way too small for my head. But the one I finished tonight fits! It's kind of wonky. In fact, it kind of looks like it has a nipple on top. But I did it!

I bought some Patons Chunky Tweed in medium blue yesterday, and I'm loving it. I've started on a scarf for my dad for Christmas. (Dadu, if you're reading this, act surprised!) But I'm thinking I might attempt slipper socks with it. It's so cushy and cozy! Boy I'm using a lot of exclamation points tonight!

Might as well get it out of my system. Because I STILL haven't finished my contest entry. I'm going to have to do it tomorrow at work and then express mail it in. Keep your fingers crossed. If it weren't for the fact that this is for my chapter, I wouldn't bother.

Sign-ups for NaNoWriMo start tonight. In theory. I was over at the site a few minutes ago and they weren't up yet. Really, you should check it out. NaNo is wunderbar. I'm planning to break the rules *gasp* and finish last year's story this year. I like it too much to leave it half finished. And I don't think I'm going to finish it any other way. I haven't even read through the whole thing yet. But I have cleaned up the first 35 pages. A little bit. For that damn contest.

Urg. Junk food for dinner. Not my finest hour.

I was watching Chuck tonight (and knitting, of course) when I realized where I recognized Major Casey from. It's Jayne! Where's your hat, big guy? Shall I knit you another one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!