Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday blah, blah, blah

I tried to watch last week's episode of Dexter on my Tivo this morning and discovered a problem. Apparently, something earlier in the evening ran long, which delayed the show before it, which means that I only got the first 10 minutes or so of the episode. Boo! This is the second time something has gone wrong with recording Dexter. I think my Tivo just doesn't like it. So I went to my Netflix account to put season 1 in my Q, and discovered it's available to play instantly on my computer. Yay! It takes so little to make me happy.

They weren't kidding when they said that grocery prices were going up. Have you seen the price of a can of Campbell's soup lately? $1.50 a can at the Kroger down the street! Geeze Louise. I picked up a couple of cans of store brand chicken noodle at HEB for $.54 instead. I was complaining about it to my mom last night, and she said that she gets Campbell's anyway, because the chicken in the store brand stuff is low-quality and there's not much of it. Can I tell you a secret? I don't like the chicken chunks in canned chicken soup anyway.

I finally filed my taxes this afternoon. Yay! I'm not getting much back, but it will just about pay for a new chair. I want to ditch the hand-me-down couch I've been dragging around for five or six years now and get one of those "butt and a half" size chairs with a giant ottoman. And then I want to put a couple of bookshelves in the extra space that used to be taken up by the couch. I need the storage space. The current bookshelf in the living room is going to collapse any minute under the overload, and I need someplace to put my knitting patterns, projects, and some of the yarn. I spotted a chair and ottoman for cheap at Big Lots yesterday, but I wasn't sold on that particular chair. So I'm going to wait until the refund comes and keep looking.

Speaking of Big Lots, I'd heard that they had yarn, so I went looking. Most of it was "muppet" yarn. They had some Lion Brand Magic Stripes, but I didn't like the colorway, and it looked like there were some problems with the dying- blotches and such- so I passed. They had 1 skein of something by Caron that looked interesting, but one was not enough to do anything with, so again I passed. Bummer.

Dinner tonight? Canned chicken soup and homemade bread. Yum!

I wasn't particularly hungry this afternoon, so I decided to skip lunch. And then I remembered I have to eat to take my meds. Otherwise, they'll make me sick. Can I tell you another secret? Sometimes I really hate Crohn's.

1 comment:

  1. The problem with "Dexter" is what we call the "Snow Wonder" problem on Sunday evenings. A couple of years ago when we first got the Tivo like contraption, we tried to tape something on Sundays. I think we ordered it form 10-11 PM. But there was a sporting event that went into overtime and instead of getting our little hit of Masterpiece Theatre or Desperate Housewives, or whatever it might have been, we got an hour of a made-for-TV film called "Snow Wonder". You need to call for "Dexter" and then for the show following to avoid a dismal "Snow Wonder" scenario where you get a tantalizing bit of what you want to see and the rest of the time is filled with...snow wonder...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!