Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Another round of good news on the medication front.  My doctor's office called this morning.  The makers of Savella (my other Fibro medication) approved my patient assistance, and there was 3 months worth of free meds waiting for me at the office!  Yay!  My Fibro meds are the only ones I take that are too new to have a generic, which means they are the most expensive.  Now that I'm getting both of them for free, my monthly med costs have gone down by about 3/4.  That's huge-- a significant line item in the monthly budget slashed.

In other news, I've got the Kindle down to 724 items.  So far it hasn't made a bit of difference.  In fact, the battery is dying even faster.  But that might be because of all the clicking around to delete stuff.  I'll go back to more normal usage for the next couple of days and see if there's any improvement.

And more good news-- I have a solid story idea to work on.  Last night I was thinking about a story I started almost 15 years ago and abandoned.  The actual pages are long gone at this point (trust me, it's no loss), but the idea lingered.  As I was falling asleep last night it fused with another scrap of an idea, and suddenly I have a viable story idea.  In the next few days I'm going to work on Kelley Armstrong's Outlining 101, and then I want to start writing March 1st.  I'm not going to push myself to NaNo it.  I'm afraid I'll flame out in a couple of days at that kind of pace.  But I'd definitely like to finish March with a nice chunk of pages.  I've also had a little bit of a brain wave about the story I was working on last fall during Discovery.  So I think I may end up outlining both at the same time.  We'll see how confused I get.

Lip Balm Flavor of the Day: Gingerale

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:36 AM

    I want Gingerale flavored lip balm!
    On the meds front: BRILLIANT!!!
    New story ideas as well? You are totally on a roll now. Yay you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!
    Hurrah for the meds and budget. BIGGER hurrah for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good news!!! Yippiee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good day! Those financial relief moments can be so wonderful. And YAY! on the writing plan. Don't you just love it when things come together like that? Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh good news on the meds-money. Good luck on the writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!